Get in the Ring and L’Oréal Research & Innovation are looking for startups and small enterprises with unique solutions in the areas of Performance Materials and Products, Personalized Beauty Experiences and Sustainable Innovations.
L’Oréal has devoted itself to beauty for over 105 years. With its unique international portfolio of 34 diverse and complementary brands, the Group generated sales amounting to 26.02 billion euros in 2017 and employs 82,600 people worldwide. As the world’s leading beauty company, L’Oréal is present across all distribution networks: mass market, department stores, pharmacies and drugstores, hair salons, travel retail, branded retail and e-commerce.
Research and Innovation is at the heart of L’Oréal’s philosophy. Startups constantly invent new technologies and L’Oréal is looking to partner with startups and small enterprises to reach it’s ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain. Are you ready to work with L’Oréal to shape the future of the beauty industry and to commit to ”Sharing Beauty With All”?
We are looking for solutions in the following categories:
Performance Materials & Products
We are seeking materials, preferably natural, with novel and enhanced properties applicable on skin or hair.
- Materials should be able to disperse in cosmetic solutions (oil or water)
- Materials have to be safe and contain no heavy metals
- Materials need to be scalable and cost-effective
We are not looking for: Solid particle materials that are visible on the skin or smaller than 100 nm.
Personalized Beauty Experiences
We are seeking solutions that reinvent the consumer’s beauty routines and experiences, such as diagnosis, personalized and augmented performance technologies.
- Demonstrated efficacy of technology when benchmarked to standard equipment/solutions/materials
- Cost-effective, robust and reliable, ideally suitable for use in developing countries (if possible)
- Non-invasive sample collection (if applicable), e.g. cheek swab/ saliva
- Compliant with applicable regulations on data privacy protection (if applicable)
- Safe to use
We are not looking for: E-commerce, Marketing, logistics, supply chain solutions.
We are seeking long-term sustainable solutions (technologies, formulations, devices or materials) that have positive environmental and societal benefits. For example packaging solutions, raw materials or water personal management solutions.
- Compliant with L'Oréal program Sharing Beauty With All
- Data that demonstrate and quantify the efficacy of the technology from an environmental and/or societal angle
- Life cycle assessment
- Biodiversity and society compliant.
- Scalable, cost effective, robust and reliable.
We are not looking for: Waste or water treatment solutions.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Opportunity to perform a pilot project with one of the L’Oréal Research & Innovation hubs in APAC
Expert coaching and access to network of the NUS Enterprise
Opportunity to land a $50,000 Startup SG grant sponsored by Entreprise SG
Cashprize of S$5,000 for two winners
Have a working prototype or demonstrator
Be able to launch a finished product within the next 18 months
Be willing to be present in person if selected for the semi-finals, in Singapore (sponsorship options are on case-by-base basis)
The deadline for applications is August 12th.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SHORTLISTED STARTUPS
The shortlisted startups will be announced in August 2018.
The Semi Finals will be held on September 17th, at The Hangar by NUS Enterprise, Singapore.
The finals will be held on September 18th, at the Slingshot Switch, Singapore. The most promising startup(s) will be awarded with a pilot project.